Old Coot's Cabin on 166 Deer Drive, Massanutten, VA 22840
Home Size: 5 Bedrooms / 4.5 Baths
Features: CLICK HERE FOR THE MAP!
CLOSE TO THE OVERLOOK & GOLFING!
5 minute drive to the outdoor swimming pool, slopes, mini-golf & go-karts! 1 minute to Mountain Greens Golf Course and Fareways Restaurant! 7-10 minutes to the water park!
*In Massanutten: All the recreational facilities in Massanutten are within a 10 minute drive from this home!
Outdoor Swimming Pool (Summer ONLY), Skiing, Snowboarding, Snow Tubing, Arboretum, Playgrounds, Go-Kart Track, Summer Tubing, Tennis, Golf, Miniature Golf, Fishing, Hiking, Biking, Horseback Riding, Water Park, Large Arcade Room, Skate Park, Dining.
*Massanutten recreational facilities (except playgrounds, arboretum and hiking) have fees guests must pay.
Outside Massanutten: Day Spa, Antiquing, Museums, Shenandoah River, Swimming, Fishing, Hunting, Canoeing, Kayaking, Scenic Train Rides, Skyline Drive, Wineries, Natural Bridge, Art and Pottery Galleries, Dining, Historic Downtowns, Caverns, Shopping, Colleges & Universities, Churches, Mosque and Synagogue.
Charlottesville, Harper's Ferry, Lexington, Richmond, Roanoke, Staunton, and Washington D.C. are all within a 1-3 hour drive.
We now have play yards and high chairs for rent.
Please click here for more info: BABY
- Low nightly: $220
- Low weekly: $1300
- Mid nightly: $250
- Mid weekly: $1500
- Holiday nightly: $325
- Holiday weekly: $1950
A $100 cleaning fee and a refundable $300 damage deposit are added to each reservation.
LOW RATE DATES:
Require a minimum stay of 2 nights; applies to any dates not specified as Mid or Holiday.
MID RATE DATES:
require a minimum stay of 2 nights; applies during the following periods:
- Summer Season (the Tuesday after Memorial Day through the Thursday before Labor Day, except for 4th of July)
- Fall Peak (beginning of October to beginning of November)
- Ski Season (typically the 2nd weekend of December through the middle or end of March, except for the holiday dates, below, that fall within)
HOLIDAY RATE DATES:
require a minimum stay of 3 nights; applies during the following periods:
- Martin Luther King Jr. weekend
- Presidents’ weekend
- Good Friday through Easter Sunday
- James Madison University Graduation
- Memorial Day weekend
- 4th of July
- Labor Day weekend
- Christmas week through New Years weekend
The principal rentor must be at least 25 years of age. Valid form of ID is required at check-in. No large groups.
AIR HOCKEY TABLE
4 queen beds. 2 twin beds. 1 double bed. 1 double sleep sofa.
FIREPLACE, WOOD STOVE, BIG, BIG, BEAUTIFUL LOG HOME, CLOSE TO SKI LODGE, GOLF COURSE & WATER PARK!!!
Lots of room, lots of extras, views of the slopes in autumn, winter and early spring.
Pine, hickory, oak and walnut throughout in the floors, walls, beamed ceilings and hand-built cabinets.
Stone and ceramic tile floors and counter tops. Big kitchen with a breakfast bar.
Ceiling fans in the great room, in main floor bedrooms and top floor bedroom.
Skylights in the great room. Family board games, cards, movie library, DVD & VCR, Direct TV in the great room and the downstairs family room.
Screened-in back porch and lots of deck space.
Hot water baseboard heat, a fireplace, and a wood stove keep this magnificent home warm in Winter.
Natural cross-breezes and high ceilings keep it cool in summer. (This home does not have air conditioning.)
5 bedrooms, 4 full bathrooms and 2 half-baths.
This home is a couple minutes' walk from our Bears Den, Double B, & Gobbler's Roost homes and about a two minute drive to our Great Escape, Poplar Cottage & Chestnut Villa homes.
SMOKING IS NOT PERMITTED ANYWHERE ON THIS PROPERTY.
LINENS FOR ALL BEDS INCLUDED. GUESTS MUST BRING TOWELS and BEDDING FOR THE SLEEP SOFA.
MAXIMUM CAPACITY: 14
Step onto the big and wide front porch that wraps around the side and a portion of the back of the house.
Enter: Step into the great room. The big kitchen is well stocked and ready for the cook!
Massive stone-front, gas log fireplace with easy to operate gas log fire, (Fireplace use 01 October through 31 March, ONLY).
Lots of seating at tables and breakfast bar. DirecTV, surround sound, DVD, VCR and loads of movies.
Step through the french doors from the dining area out to the screened-in porch and back deck, with a gas grill.
Also on this floor is a half-bath in the hallway, and 2 master bedrooms with full bathrooms.
Bedroom 1 has a queen 4-poster bed, TV (no cable or satellite)and VCR. The bathroom for this room has an antique clawfoot bathtub with shower, an antique pull-chain toilet and antique pedestal sink!
Bedroom #2 has a queen bed, flat screen TV (no cable or satellite) with a DVD player and VCR, and a full bathroom with a shower.
Upstairs is a bedroom with a skylight in the ceiling, a queen bed and 2 twin beds. This room has it's own half bathroom.
Downstairs level has a family room with a small air hockey table, a 32" flat screen TV with DirecTV & DVD, wood-burning stove, (wood is provided. Fireplace use 01 October through 31 March, ONLY), with a blower to keep you toasty, and a long raised hearth for drying your ski boots, gloves, etc.
There is a game table that seats 6, a bar with a microwave, and a double sleep sofa. French doors open to the back yard and deck.
Beyond the family room are 2 more bedrooms. The first has a double bed and a big tiled shower with a wide tiled seat in the full bathroom.
The other bedroom has a queen bed. It has a full bathroom with a stone-tiled shower for 2.
This Massanutten Vacation Home is approximately 3780 square feet, and is ready for your visit with the following items:
* Central heat (This home does not have air conditioning.)
* Linens for all beds
* Cable or satellite TVs
* Washing machine & dryer
* Books, Family Board Games & Puzzles
* Gas grill
FULL EQUIPPED KITCHEN
* Toaster or toaster oven
* Coffee maker and filters
* Cookware, bakeware and dinnerware (plates, forks, spoons, knives, etc.)
* Dishwasher, Oven/Stove, Fridge
* Microwave oven
Items you will need to bring:
* Bath towels, hand towels and washcloths
* Cell phone (no landline phone at this home)
* Soaps & detergents
* Camera & film
* Trash bags
* Paper goods (bathroom tissue & paper towels)
***15% MILITARY DISCOUNT on the rental fee given when you reserve this home. Holidays are excluded. Thank you for your service!
1) The reservation must be in the name of the person whose name is on the military ID.
2) A copy of your unexpired U.S. military ID card, current orders, or Veteran's Administration ID must be submitted with your signed rental contract to get this discount.
Mark through all social security numbers on the military ID copy.
Write MILITARY next to the Payment Details on page 1 of your rental contract.
Your rental contract will not show the discounted amount. Military discount will be applied once your rental agreement & military ID are received in our office.
3) Military IDs received after payment has been made will not be honored for the discount.
4) This discount is given to active duty, reservists and retired military persons.
5) Military discount is not given to civilians, civilian affiliates, contractors, Senior Executive Service (SES), Federal affiliates or Military affiliates accompanying the Armed Forces.
All Reservations: Refundable security deposit and cleaning fee additional.
ALL DISCOUNTS & SPECIALS:
1) Not valid in combination with any other discounts.
2) Not valid on reservations made previous to special rates being posted.
Please call 540-289-9033 for more info.